Sunday, July 10, 2011

Why would you do that?

Florida Panthers

Ed Jovanovski


First and foremost, I want to give a shout out to Detroit native and Spartan alumnus David Booth.

I was going to do Jovo-Cop for the Phoenix player but trade deadline tossed Ed back to Florida so it really works out for me. I've got to bring up his conduct in the playoffs. Yes, I'm aware his conduct isn't a profile but it still baffles me. If you didn't closely pay attention to the playoffs then you might have missed the fact that Jovo-Cop was wearing a full face mask during that series. You might have also missed the fact that he was involved in many scrums and even threw a few blows out. Here's my issue, how are you going to start a fight or attempt to start a fight with a full face mask on? That, to me, is in the same league as the douche bags that threaten to fight the players when they're standing behind the glass. It's just makes no sense. How about you wait until your face heals fight fair? You know, like a man.

Quick hits on Ed:
  • Ed is Macedonian by heritage (both of his parents immigrated to Canada from Macedonia)

  • Born just across the border in Windsor

  • Runner up for the Calder Memorial Trophy during his rookie year

  • This upcoming season will be Ed's fifth season with Florida Panthers

  • Spent seven of his 16 year career in Vancouver

No comments:

Post a Comment