Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm sorry. Should I take my shirt off so we can talk hockey?

You know what I love just about as much as unsolicited "how to succeed in the hockey world" advice? A hot poker to the eye. But of course, I came home from a long ass day at work to a new email here at the site. It was a little unsolicited advice for how I can succeed. The advice is all over the map but the kicker was this comment:

"If you showed more cleavage on twitter, people would follow your blog more and take your hockey opinions more seriously."

It went on to say that people can't really take me seriously unless they have something interesting, like breasts, to look at. It also said that females in the hockey world need to show skin to be taken seriously. Funny, I thought it was the opposite. Gee, I bet that's exactly how Bob Mckenzie got all his hockey acclaim. It was the titties. Mystery solved. Bob just showed the world a little cleav and then the hockey world took notice. (You're all very welcome for the mental image you all have in your minds of Bob Mckenzie's cleavage.)

Since when does a photograph give you credibility? What does that say about the hockey folks that have cartoons as their avatars? It shouldn't say anything. The opinions expressed and knowledge shown should over shadow whatever photograph is next to the name. If you can't look past a person's avatar to acknowledge their hockey knowledge or opinions then you probably aren't the type of person that hockey types want to be followed by.



So the special Monday Jackhole goes to:


Mister Email Sender
because objectifying myself to gain followers is not on my personal agenda.

8 comments:

  1. What a wasteful an ignorant comment to leave. Don't worry, male or female you can usually tell hockey knowledge by what they say, and though i never cemented before i think you are awesome!
    (thanks for the mental image, maybe you could photo shop that and make it your new avatar!)

    Keep up the great work!
    Fellow female hockey lover

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duck face voids all credibility btw...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep doing your thing and don't worry about jerky comments.
    Love the Blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh, sorry my posts were deleted instead of edited accidently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is exactly why I always go to games in my bikini, it's also why my next job interview will be conducted topless.

    ReplyDelete