Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A very Laich-able guy

Washington Capitals



Brooks Laich


I heard rumblings from some Wings fans in the early off season about how they would love to see Brooks Laich on our squad. Now we know that didn't happen but at the time it had me checking into this Brooks Laich character. I knew of him but I honestly didn't look too much into him. Mainly because I tend to keep my focus on the Western conference and the players we see or will see multiple times a year. I discovered, for a player on an opposing team, I don't hate him. That's not because of his "ladies man" or "hottie" status. Brooks is a very hard working, dedicated, caring hockey player.

Brooks is a very charitable guy and always has been. In juniors, Laich helped his hometown raise money to buy a Zamboni for the local arena. Actively involved in charity work, Brooks is known to support charities related to multiple sclerosis and the charity Athletes Against Autism. But Brooks seriously cemented his good guy status when he stopped to help two Capitals fans change their flat tire after the game seven loss in the 2010 playoffs. He stopped to and helped them put on their spare and then apologized for the Caps early exit from the playoffs.

Brooks' off ice niceness wasn't the only thing that impressed me. His work ethic during summer training is impeccable. From lifting weights in skates to countless on ice drills, Brooks puts in the extra effort in the off season. Don't believe me? Below are two videos of Brooks' off season training.



No comments:

Post a Comment