Monday, December 6, 2010

You can call him Al

The next blogger profile comes from one of our own, Al the newest addition to Hockey Blogette.



Name: Al Lorkis

Blog or Site that you blog for: Hockey Blogette

Tell us something about your blog or the site that you blog for: I like the 'Jackhole of the week' idea, but I personally don't know where I'm headed.

Who is the most underrated player? Tough Question. Overall? I would have to go with Latandresse on Minnesota.

Who is the most overrated player? I'm tempted to say Crosby, but I'm actually going to go with Ovechkin.


What is the first jersey you ever owned? A Stevie Y. one

What is the most important piece of hockey memorabilia you own? My 'Hockeytown: No Limits' poster signed by Maltby and Kocur.

What’s one rule you’d like to get rid of and why? The Sean Avery rule. I was watching a game the other night, and I forget which one, but one of the players got called for it. Really, it was clear from the replay that he was just signalling a teammate.

What one rule would you add in its place and why? I would add in a new salary cap rule, in order to prevent deals like Kovalchuk, Hossa, and Luongo.

Who’s creepier- Ovie or Crosby and why? Ovie, definitely. Have you seen that skate commercial?



Which team has the best logo? Truth be told, Nashville's farm team, the Milwaukee Admirals. I used to go to school in Milwaukee, and attended some of their games. It's a cool grinning skull.

Who is your favorite all-time player? Steve Yzerman, hands down.

Who is your favorite player now? I would have to say Pavel Datsyuk. That man is just pure magic.

What team do you love to hate? The Anahiem Ducks. Sooooo Dirty.

What player do you love to hate? Jonathan Toews. He's a real good player who stays out of trouble, but has the misfortune of being on the BlackHawks.

What are your thoughts on Puck Bunnies? They're nice... when their far away from me.

What are some of your favorite hockey blogs to read? TPL, Hockey Blogette's "Jackhole of the Week"



What player do you like that’s not on your chosen favorite team? Sadly, I would have to go with BizNasty. The guy is a jerk, all right, but he's hilarious.

What team surprises you the most this year? St. Louis. They seem to be up and down, either winning or getting blown out.

What is your favorite hockey memory? The Wings winning the Stanley Cup in 2002. I was old enough at that point to follow game by game and individual players.

Which team has the worst jersey (third jerseys included)? Minnesota. It looks like a hoodie you could buy in the street. I really don't like it.

Of the floundering teams which team should pack up and move to a new market? Do you think the NHL will ever let that happen? Personally, I would say that the Florida Panthers should move. I went to school there for a year, and let me tell you: there is NO interest. The other team, for the same reason, is the L.A. Kings. I know they aren't doing bad, but last year I went to a Kings home game and there was a clear chant for the opposite team. (If you would do that, however, where would all the loyal fans of other teams get their fix of?)

Do you follow other sports besides hockey or are you a one-sport fan? One sport. Nothing really compares.

What player from all the other teams that would you love to have on your team? Jonathan Toews. So good, quiet, and goes about his business. And that's it.


Keep it or Get rid it

Crosby: Puh-leeze. Garbage.
Ticket Stubs: Keep. I like my mementos.
An email from Colin Campbell: Keep, plant false evidence that he hates Marc Savard (not that it would matter anymore) and sell it to the press.
A Zetter-Sweater: KEEP.
Dan O’Halloran: Goodbye. No question.
Sergei Fedorov: That traitor? I'm afraid the other team will pay him $20 more and he'll leave. Garbage.
Touch up Icing: Undecided. I hear both ways.
Shoot out: Ugh. Depends on the game. If one team dominated in overtime, and loses in the shootout, it sucks. But... Not sure.
Gary Bettman: Garbage.
Tickets to a Phoenix game: Keep. I like to watch hockey. Plus, I can probably move down to ice-level seats without a problem.
A pink jersey dress: Since I don't wear dresses, I would have to say get rid of.
Gap in your teeth: Fix.
Puck from a losing effort: Keep, if I played hard.
Jersey from a player long gone (i.e. A Detroit Hossa jersey): Depends on why the player left. Hossa? No. Maltby? yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment