Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One Brazilian without the pain

Name:
Guilherme Calciolari

Blog or Site that you blog for:
Red Wings Brasil and TheSlot.com.br

Tell us something about your blog or the site that you blog for:
Red Wings Brasil is a Wings blog in Portuguese (of course), TheSlotBr is an objective NHL blog (and since I can't pretend to be unbiased, I usually write about the business side of the League).

Who is the most underrated player?
On the Wings, Patrick Eaves. I'll never understand why he's not played at the point on power-plays, since he has a great right-shot (Wings rarity) and can defend any shorthanded play that comes.

Who is the most overrated player?
Mike Green. Or Roberto Luongo. Pick one, any one.


What is the first jersey you ever owned?
A road white Zetterberg.

What is the most important piece of hockey memorabilia you own?
Oh... The signed Helm jersey is awesome, but there's also the Hockeytown: No Limits sign that all the players signed... I'd die for both, can't decide. (And there's also Helm's signed stick that airlines and mailing companies don't want me to have. I may have to go back to pick it up)

What’s one rule you’d like to get rid of and why?
The extended crease. Or Dan O'Halloran.

What one rule would you add in it’s place and why?
Change the point system. I'd like to see something more like soccer, with points going from 0 to 3, rewarding teams that go for the win.

Who’s creepier- Ovie or Crosby and why?
I don't think Ovechkin is creepy, but the little Rosby dude... Dude, you either have a beard or you don't. And you don't.

Which team has the best logo?
From first to sixth place, the Red WIngs. In seventh, I like the blue and golden Sabres one.

Who is your favorite all-time player?
Brendan Shanahan. It might be just for the empty-netter in '02, or for his role in March 26th 97th, or for his playoff goatee... Well, it's Shanny.


Who is your favorite player now?
My Helm man-crush is 70% irrational, so I'm going with Hank Zetterberg (just 20% irrational). He's an awesome two-way player and usually more consistent than Datsyuk. Also, Hank's probably the only guy who can stop Rosby.

What team do you love to hate?
I still have a nice bad feeling for the Avalanche. Sometimes I wish they didn't suck. And it's cool to hate the Penguins too, shame they play in the East. As for Chicago, they won't affect me until they beat us in the playoffs (in 2049).

What player do you love to hate?
Sidney Crosby, obviousy. The less obvious choice is Kyle Quincey. I hated how he whined about a Cup ring after playing 6 games with the Wings in '08.

What are your thoughts on Puck Bunnies?
I hate any bandwagoner, be it from winning or just players' hotness. And if you think the guys is hot, cheer all you want. From your living room.

What are some of your favorite hockey blogs to read?
Abel to Yzerman, The Triple Deke and The Production Line are my favorites, I like how the guys mix hockey knowledge, coolness and, apparently, alcohol.

What player do you like that’s not on your chosen favorite team?
Rick Nash. The dude scares me to death, I'd love to have him as a Wing, if only so we didn't face him six times a season.

What team surprises you the most this year?
Tampa Bay is a big surprise, but there was a lot of movement down there. I'm more surprised with the Blue Jackets, who are battling in the West with only a coaching change.

What is your favorite hockey memory?
The first game I watched in person, in March '10. It was a great win, had playoffs implications (unusual for a March game at the Joe) and I had awesome friends by my side.

Which team has the worst jersey (third jerseys included)?
Any black jersey other than the Bruins', and I loathe the baby blue the Penguins wear. It's a mens game, dammit.


Of the floundering teams which team should pack up and move to a new market? Do you think the NHL will ever let that happen?
Bettman would rather die before admitting that hockey doesn't work in Phoenix (a choice I'd might agree with). The Coyotes and the Panthers sould fold, and the California has no need for three hockey teams.

Do you follow other sports besides hockey or are you a one-sport fan?
I'm a big soccer fan, so I follow my Corinthians very close. I also like most North American sports, and I'm a fan of the Patriots (NFL) and the Giants (MLB). And the NBA could die.

What player from all the other teams that would you love to have on your team?
Other than Rick Nash, I don't want anyone. Kenny and Jimmy D and Uncle Mike can make any decision and I'll back them'up. Except Derian Hatcher.



Keep it or Get rid it


Ticket Stubs:
Keep it.

An email from Colin Campbell:
Blackmail alert, keep it.

A Zetter-Sweater:
Too warm in here, too hard to look at... Get it of.

Dan O’Halloran:
DIE, DIE, DIEEEEE

Sergei Fedorov:
Get rid of. I loved him, but he ruined everything. We should have the 19-91 simmetry up in the rafters, but he had to go nuts.

Touch up Icing:
Indifferent. So... keep it.

Shoot out:
No. Just no. New point system or just go back to ties, but get rid of anyways.

Gary Bettman:
Get rid it. Retroactively.

Tickets to a Phoenix game:
Keep it, it's hockey.

Ryan Lambert:
Keep it, I'll keep not reading it.

Puck Bunnies:
Send them over to my house.


Puck from a losing effort:
It depends. Regular season, keep it. Post season, toss it from a bridge.

Sean Avery’s sloppy seconds:
Priceless. Keep it. That interview should be in the Hall of Fame.


A signed Sidney Crosby picture just for you:
Keep it and open Photoshop.


Biz Nasty on Twitter:
I don't follow him, I don't get his over-the-top humor. But a lot of people like him, so keep it. For them.

No comments:

Post a Comment