Monday, December 6, 2010

Snipe Snipe, Profile Profile


Name: Kris

Blog or Site that you blog for: Snipe Snipe, Dangle Dangle, Chicks Who Give A Puck, and The Fourth Period. I, uh, spend a lot of time on the internet.

Tell us something about your blog or the site that you blog for: I don't know if it's that interesting, but the Snipe Snipe part of the name comes from that awful Zetterberg Song that's on youtube, and the Dangle Dangle part is in honor of Pavel Datsyuk.

Who is the most underrated player? On the Wings? Brad Stuart.

Who is the most overrated player? Kovlchuk. Also, Luongo.

What is the first jersey you ever owned? Fedorov, although it was quickly replaced with an Yzerman one after Fedorov held out for his contract.

What is the most important piece of hockey memorabilia you own? I'm tempted to say it's Nick Lidstrom's beer bottle, but that would be silly. I'd say it's probably my autographed Yzerman jersey. I guard that thing with my life.

What’s one rule you’d like to get rid of and why? The trapezoid. It's just stupid and makes the ice surface look really stupid. Free the goalies.

What one rule would you add in it’s place and why? A coach's challenge for major calls. Let them review stuff like intent to blow and goalie interference. The technology's there. It's asinine to not use it.


Who’s creepier- Ovie or Crosby and why? Crosby. The pedo-stache freaks me out. I really don't find Ovie that creepy, actually.

Which team has the best logo? I know I'm biased, but it's got to be the Wings. Outside of Detroit, I've always liked the Leafs' logo, even though the spelling bothers me.

Who is your favorite all-time player? Steve Yzerman. That choice needs no explanation.

Who is your favorite player now? It's a tie between the Eurotwins. I love them both.

What team do you love to hate? Pittsburgh. A few years ago, it would've been the Avs, but it's less fun now that they're not very good. There are just so many reasons to hate the Pens.

What player do you love to hate? Crosby. He gets a pass for pretty much everything because he's been anointed as the savior of the league. He'd be a lot more likeable if the league's marketing department didn't shove him down everyone's throats constantly.

What are your thoughts on Puck Bunnies? I think they should grow up and get a grasp of reality. Watch the games for the sake of the hockey being played, not because of what the players look like. They're one of the main reasons that real female fans are stereotyped and have to fight twice as hard to prove that they know the game. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with noticing that there are some attractive men playing hockey (because, let's face it: there are), but it's really not necessary to act like a 13-year-old girl swooning over them. Grow up.

What are some of your favorite hockey blogs to read? I mostly read Wings-centric blogs. The Production Line, Winging it in Motown, Abel to Yzerman, The Scrappy Octopus, The Triple Deke, Hockeytown Static, and The Winged Wheel are some of my favorites. I like it when bloggers can bring a funny spin to their coverage and post more than just stats and boring recaps.


What player do you like that’s not on your chosen favorite team? Everyone's favorite dancing Canuck and snappy dresser, Livonia native Ryan Kesler.

What team surprises you the most this year? Tampa Bay. I figured they'd improve over last season's performance, but their hot start really surprised me.

What is your favorite hockey memory? There are way too many to choose from. Some of my favorite moments from the Joe are seeing Steve Yzerman score his 600th goal and the ensuing standing ovation that left my hands raw from clapping, watching Joevision the night the Wings won the cup in '08 and then running around downtown Detroit in the rain with confetti falling out of my hair as I high-fived strangers on Woodward, and witnessing Datsyuk's Gordie Howe hat trick in person on opening night this year.

Which team has the worst jersey (third jerseys included)? The worst regular jersey is Minnesota's. I hate the color scheme, and it wasn't until last year that someone pointed out to me that the logo was supposed to be some sort of animal. The Ducks, Blue Jackets, and Penguins have the worst third jerseys.

Of the floundering teams which team should pack up and move to a new market? Do you think the NHL will ever let that happen? Phoenix and Florida. You can't force teams to exist where there aren't markets for them. It's stupid and wasteful to keep dumping money into places that are destined to fail. As long as Bettman's in charge, though, I don't think the league's going to get any common sense and move them.

Do you follow other sports besides hockey or are you a one-sport fan? I love watching Tigers baseball. I keep tabs on college football, but I really only watch the games when I can get tickets to the Big House.


What player from all the other teams that would you love to have on your team? Ryan Kesler.




Keep it or Get rid it


Crosby: Keep it—even though I don't like him, it'd be stupid to get rid of him.
Ticket Stubs: Keep them—I'm a total packrat.
An email from Colin Campbell: Keep it—you never know when it could come in handy.
A Zetter-Sweater: Keep it, especially if has old man pockets.
Dan O’Halloran: Get rid of him.
Sergei Fedorov: Get rid of him.
Touch up Icing: Keep it—there's no better option now, and I really don't think the number of players getting injured on those plays is that enormous.
Shoot out: Burn it with fire.
Gary Bettman: He should've been given the boot at least ten years ago.
Tickets to a Phoenix game: Are the Wings playing? I'll take them. I'd probably go to the game even if the Wings weren't in town, though, just because I like hockey that much.
A pink jersey dress: Burn it with fire.
Gap in your teeth: Get rid of it. I probably wouldn't smile in public if I hadn't gotten braces in high school.
Puck from a losing effort: It depends on what it's commemorating. If it's a major milestone, keep it. If it's just Chris Pronger swiping pucks to play head games with the other team, toss it.
Jersey from a player long gone (i.e. A Detroit Hossa jersey): It depends on how long the player was a Wing and how they left. Anyone who bought a Hossa jersey in the first place is a moron. Get rid of the Hossa jersey. Keep something like a Kozlov.

2 comments:

  1. The last picture scares me. I LOVE the old man sweater, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last picture scares me too but I've been looking for a place to use it and BOOM there it is. Haha.

    ReplyDelete