Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Blogger Profiles Start With A Chick

To start off the Blogger profiles I turned to one of the best hockey friends that I have. A blogger for the fabulous website Chicks Who Give A Puck, Liz is very honest and very knowledgeable when it comes to the sport of hockey. I expected nothing less than amazing responses when it came to this profile and she delivered.
*Name:*
Liz Strebbing

*Twitter ID:*
@CWGAP_Liz

*Blog or Site that you blog for:*
Chicks Who Give A Puck

*Who is the most underrated player?*
Tomas Holmstrom. He is undeniably the best at what he does, and after watching him at training camp, I can say the man needs some crazy hand/eye coordination to do what he does.

*Who is the most overrated player?*
Crosby. He's teamed up with one of the best players in the league in Malkin, in my opinion, and it'd be curious to see what would happen to his numbers if he played elsewhere.


*What is the first jersey you ever owned?*
Slava Kozlov

*What is the most important piece of hockey memorabilia you own?*
Magazine page that Vladdy signed for me at an open practice in 96.

*What’s one rule you’d like to get rid of and why?*
The trapezoid needs to go. It's a ridiculous rule to begin with, and I miss seeing the goalies out in the corners. Let them out of their cage, and let them muck it out.

*What one rule would you add in it’s place and why?*
I like the idea of a coaches review on goals, which I'm pretty sure they could just call the "Homer Clause" in the rulebook. There's no reason that a coach shouldn't be allowed to challenge, which obvious limits, maybe similar to college football rules?

*Who’s creepier- Ovie or Crosby and why?*
Ovie. 4 words=Head. In. A. Locker.

*Which team has the best logo?*
Gut instinct is to say Wings, but after that I've got to go with the Habs. Clean, classic, simple.


*Who is your favorite all-time player? *
Stevie Y. Look up sacrifice and dedication in the dictionary, and there's a picture of the Captain.

*Who is your favorite player now?*
It's a tie between Homer and Darren Helm. I love Helmer's speed and punishing checks, but it's hard not love Homer and the way he sacrifices his body for his team. Nothing but respect for the both of them.

*What team do you love to hate?*
Chicago.


*What player do you love to hate?*
Sean Avery and I have a very love/hate relationship. He's one of those players that's great when he's on your team, and a miserable prick when he's playing against you. Well, he's a miserable prick when he's on your team, too, but it's somehow endearing.

*What are your thoughts on Puck Bunnies?*
None of us are blind. The men that play this game are attractive. But there's a difference between appreciating the specimens playing the game you love, and tolerating the game because you think the players are hot and you'd like to take a run at them. Safe to say that the definition of a Puck Bunny falls under the latter.


*What are some of your favorite hockey blogs to read?*
Puck Daddy, The Scrappy Octopus, The Triple Deke, The Production Line, Hockeytown Static, Snipe Snipe, Dangle Dangle. I can look up stats on my own, so I tend to gravitate towards blogs that can put an entertaining spin on coverage.

*What player do you like that’s not on your chosen favorite team?*
I think Ovi is great for the game, creepy as he may be. Also a big fan of PK Subban in Montreal, and Jaroslav Halak in St. Louis (so long as they're not playing the Wings).

*What team surprises you the most this year?*
Columbus. Suddenly we're fighting with the BJs for the top of the West? When did this happen? The BJs?! (Hi, Rick Nash!)

*What is your favorite hockey memory?*
Stevie's 2OT goal against St. Louis in the 96 conference semis. I still get choked up when I see clips. Close second is the Fight Night at the Joe. That's one of those games that I'll never forget where I was and what I was doing while I watched.


*Which team has the worst jersey (third jerseys included)?*
ALL of the Minnesota Wild jerseys. All of them. Horrible idea, horrible execution.

*Of the floundering teams which team should pack up and move to a new market? Do you think the NHL will ever let that happen?*
I'd really like to see Quebec get a team back, and I'd really like to see the Panthers pull up stakes and head north. Realistically, I could see Minny of Phoenix heading up there. I don't think the league is going to let Phoenix go, Minny might be a more realistic possibility.

*Do you follow other sports besides hockey or are you a one-sport fan?*
I'm a big college football fan (GO GREEN, GO WHITE!), and I'll watch baseball in person. I try to get out and play some tennis, too.

*What player from all the other teams that would you love to have on your team?*
Rick Nash. Big body with slick hands? What's not to love?


*Keep it or Get rid it*
Crosby: Keep him. He'll get his eventually.
Ticket Stubs: Keep. I'm a pack rat, so I hang on to them all. Even movie stubs.
An email from Colin Campbell: Keep it. Never know when you'll be able to use that shit as leverage.
A Zetter-Sweater: Keep and wear to death.
Dan O’Halloran: Dump him.
Sergei Fedorov: I was a big fan until the crazy ego came to light. Dump him.
Touch up Icing: Keep it. No touch is for sissies.
Shoot out: DUMP IT.
Gary Bettman: This is a ridiculous question. Next commissioner of the National Hockey League: Brendan Shanahan. Amirite?

Tickets to a Phoenix game: Are the wings playing? Will BizNasty be juggling in the stands for entertainment?
A pink jersey dress: Shred it, then light it on fire.
Gap in your teeth: Keep it. Unless you're Kris Pronger.
Puck from a losing effort: Dump it unless there was a milestone attached. Pays to have a short memory in hockey.
Jersey from a player long gone (i.e. A Detroit Hossa jersey): I've still got both my Kozlov and Knuble jerseys.

1 comment: