Thursday, December 9, 2010

Whaddya say, Norm?

"How's life treating you, Norm?"
"Like it caught me sleeping with its' wife."
(Couldn't really start a profile of Norm without paying homage to Mr. Peterson)




Name:
Norm Bona

Blog or Site that you blog for:
Far From the Norm (http://farfromthenorm.wordpress.com)

Tell us something about your blog or the site that you blog for:
Most recently it's turned into a college football blog, but it actually started off as me wanting to try something a bit different than a Livejournal account (that I no longer have). I like to write about anything, but mostly it's the Wings, Wolverines, my bass guitar, pop culture.

Who is the most underrated player?
On the Wings, Jimmy Howard-I expected a bit of a sophomore slump but he's exceeded expectations this year. Of course, that means being left off the All-Star ballot. Rest of the league, I'll say Steven Stamkos since the NHL only seems to recognize Sidney and Ovie.


Who is the most overrated player?
Roberto Luongo.

What is the first jersey you ever owned?
It would actually be a Detroit Pistons Isiah Thomas home jersey. First hockey jersey was the Red Wings white (home then, road now) Yzerman.

What is the most important piece of hockey memorabilia you own?
My signed Vladimir Konstantinov picture, 1996.

What’s one rule you’d like to get rid of and why?
There's a few that need to go/get revamped, but limited to just one: intent to blow. It gives way too much power to a referee simply for the fact that he can say 'I meant to blow the play dead'. It's ridiculous.

What one rule would you add in it’s place and why?
Adopt the CCHA point system: IIRC, 3 points for a regulation or OT win, if it goes to shoot out 2 points to the winner and 1 to the loser.


Who’s creepier- Ovie or Crosby and why?
As much as I love to hate on #87, there's just something about Ovechkin that screams 'creeper'. I'm afraid that if I watch him on tv for too long, I'll die five days later-it's like that movie 'The Ring'. This also applies to Todd Bertuzzi.

Which team has the best logo?
Outside of my Winged Wheel bias? The Montreal Canadiens.

Who is your favorite all-time player?
I still have a man crush on Steve Yzerman. Simply the best.

Who is your favorite player now?
Pavel Datsyuk-anytime the puck ends up on his stick the anticipation builds that something incredible is about to happen, and it's fun to watch.

What team do you love to hate?
I lived in Chicago last year, and experiencing the bandwagon up close was more than enough to bump them up to hated status.

What player do you love to hate?
Patrick Kane...it bothered me that I had to pull for him while he was playing for Team USA in the Olympics.

What are your thoughts on Puck Bunnies?
I do not like bandwagoning of any type. That being said, they sure are nice to observe out in the wild. Ha.



What are some of your favorite hockey blogs to read?
Kukla's Korner, The Production Line, Winging It In Motown, The Scrappy Octopus, The Triple Deke, and Hockey Blogette. No I'm not saying that just to be a kiss ass, I mean it. No offense intended to any I missed.

What player do you like that’s not on your chosen favorite team?
This is hard for me to say as a Wolverine, but Ryan Miller.

What team surprises you the most this year?
I figured Dallas would be residing close to the cellar of the Western Conference all season long, and they've done the exact opposite.


What is your favorite hockey memory?
June 7, 1997-getting to see The Captain raise that Cup for the first time is a memory I'll never forget.

Which team has the worst jersey (third jerseys included)?
The Minnesota Wild. You could hand a box of crayons to a 5 year old and odds are they'd come up with something a bit nicer to look at.

Of the floundering teams which team should pack up and move to a new market? Do you think the NHL will ever let that happen?
No offense to those living in the area, but I want to see Phoenix moved back to Winnipeg (by writing that down I've probably just been added to Bettman's secret "I don't like you" list). There's no way I see that happening as long as Bettman is in power.

Do you follow other sports besides hockey or are you a one-sport fan?
Born and raised in Detroit, so I picked up the Tigers, Pistons, and Lions along with the Wings. I'm also a proud Wolverine (No Rich Rodriguez, YOU raise ME up *sarcasm*).

What player from all the other teams that would you love to have on your team?
Michael Cammalleri from the Canadiens.



Keep it or Get rid it

Ticket Stubs:
Keep.

An email from Colin Campbell:
Keep, I'm sure it'll be useful later.

A Zetter-Sweater:
Uhh...keep.


A Kerry Fraser Hairstyle:
Get rid of, only Kerry Fraser can pull that off. There can be only one.

Sergei Fedorov:
Not the popular opinion, but keep.

Touch up Icing:
Keep.

Shoot out:
GET. RID. OF.

Gary Bettman:
Kee...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I couldn't say keep with a straight face. Get rid of.

Tickets to a Pittsburgh game:
Keep. I want to see how many fans I could annoy before getting thrown out.

Ryan Lambert:
Keep...it's fun laughing at him.

Puck Bunnies:
Keep. Yeah, I said it.

Puck from a losing effort:
Keep, unless it's a playoff loss.

Sean Avery’s sloppy seconds:
Keep. I'm not blind.

A signed Sidney Crosby picture just for you:
Keep. I'm tired of throwing darts at RichRod's face, I need to change it up.

Biz Nasty on Twitter:
I'm not following him, but I can see why others would. Keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment