Friday, December 3, 2010

A Neuie Blogger Profile

Blogger profiles continue with the ever so witty Sara Neuie (or Neuenshwander if you like tongue twister last names).



Name: Sara Neuenschwander



Blog or Site that you blog for: A Neuie Perspective



Tell us something about your blog or the site that you blog for: I originally came up with the title and planned to write a blog about current events but never actually wrote anything. Then I started actually going to games, taking tons of pictures and wanted a place to share them. Some of blogs I read used pictures, but none of them relied on them for the majority of their content. I feel awkward writing recaps so I try to let the pictures take care of that for me.




Who is the most underrated player? On the Wings? Brian Rafalski.



Who is the most overrated player? Last year I would have said Kovalchuk, but I don't think he's really rated that highly any more...



What is the first jersey you ever owned? Brian Rafalski (I'm a later-comer to the land of jerseys)




What is the most important piece of hockey memorabilia you own? Oh geez, that's tough... I won a signed Danny Cleary puck, but that isn't the most important one. I have a few signed pictures, but I don't think I'd pick those either. I think right now it would have to be the Ted Lindsay book I bought and had Mr. Lindsay sign at the Joe last year. I love tough, scrappy players and having something touched by Terrible Ted himself is pretty awesome. That answer might change, depending on what I collect in the future.



What’s one rule you’d like to get rid of and why? I've never seen it written down, but I'd like them to get rid of the one that says if Homer crosses his eyes at the goalie while Nick is firing a shot, the goal gets called back.



What one rule would you add in it’s place and why? Is there really a rule to counteract the anti-Homer policy?



Who’s creepier- Ovie or Crosby and why? For as much as I dislike Crosby, I kind of pity him too. Ovie is a creeper. A dirty, Russian creeper.



Which team has the best logo? Stepping aside from my Red Wings bias, I'd probably have to say the Rangers. For some reason, I really like the Ranger shield. Of the now defunct teams, I'd go with the Hartford Whalers. For minor teams, the Plymouth Whalers have a logo that cracks me up.

Who is your favorite all-time player? Steve Yzerman. Not even Stevie himself could convince me that there ever has been or ever will be a better Red Wing.



Who is your favorite player now? Ugh, that's so hard to answer, I have a ton of divisions (favorite 26-year-old center from Europe, favorite Grind Liner to win the Selke...) because I can never pick just one player. I guess I'll go with favorite non-super-elite (re: not Pav or Nick) players: defense- Brian Rafalski (see a trend?). Forward: Justin Abdelkader. Spartan: Buttery (that's for Jenn)

What team do you love to hate? Colorado Avalanche. I work with a giant Avs fan and have so much fun sparring with him over our teams. I hate fake Chicago fans and certain Chicago players, but it's not a team I love to hate, it's a team I almost feel obligated to dislike.



What player do you love to hate? Ilya Kovalchuk. I hated him last season from the very beginning of the year and still hate him for no good reason, I just don't like him. Also, I love hating Roy (even if he's retired) and Shane Doan. If I was a 6 foot 4, 220 pound man, I would strap on some skates and knock that guy into next week.



What are your thoughts on Puck Bunnies? The whole idea bothers me. The players are real people and deserve to be treated that way. Not to mention the fact that they cast all female fans in a bad light. I constantly have to prove myself to be a true fan and not some clueless twit who doesn't know a power play from a penalty shot and that isn't right.



What are some of your favorite hockey blogs to read? I really only read Red Wings blogs, although I wander over to Puck Daddy too. I like ones that combine humor with solid hockey sense.



What player do you like that’s not on your chosen favorite team? Jarome Iginla and Ryan Kesler



What team surprises you the most this year? After discussing it with my brother, we choose the Habs and the way they're playing with Carey Price.



What is your favorite hockey memory? Favorite one I sort of witnessed would be when we won the Cup in 2002 and Stevie brought his daughter Isabella out on the ice with him to accept it. Favorite one I saw in person was when Nick Lidstrom got his 1000th career point. I clapped and screamed so hard during the tribute for him that night that my hands hurt for a day and a half.



Which team has the worst jersey (third jerseys included)? Thrashers first jersey or the Penguins third jersey.



Of the floundering teams which team should pack up and move to a new market? Do you think the NHL will ever let that happen? I feel bad for Winnipeg (I can still picture this one older fan, standing with his grandson after the final game ever of the Winnipeg Jets, with tears flowing down his face as he applauded his team one last time) so I'd say Phoenix. I don't see the NHL letting that happen any time soon though, not as long as Gary is in charge.



Do you follow other sports besides hockey or are you a one-sport fan? I don't follow other sports as actively as I follow hockey, but I'd never turn down tickets to a game. I watch the Grand Slam events in tennis and college football when I feel like it.


What player from all the other teams that would you love to have on your team? Ryan Miller (sorry Jimmy, you're still my chubby little goalie)





Keep it or Get rid it




Crosby: keep it, I need something to mock
Ticket Stubs: keep it
An email from Colin Campbell: keep it. Potential black mail object, BOOM.
A Zetter-Sweater: Who doesn't want an old man sweater? Keep it.
Dan O’Halloran: Get rid of it
Sergei Fedorov: Get rid of it
Touch up Icing: Keep it. No better option right now.
Shoot out: Only for the pee wee teams during intermission
Gary Bettman: Hide it somewhere no one will ever look
Tickets to a Phoenix game: A chance to see Biz Nasty in his adopted natural habitat? I think I'd keep it so I could try to spot him in the press box
A pink jersey dress: Burn it.
Gap in your teeth: Do I look like Chris Pronger? *checks mirror* Nope, ok then, get rid of it.
Puck from a losing effort: Depends on who lost and what the game was.
Jersey from a player long gone (i.e. A Detroit Hossa jersey): A player like Hossa? eBay. Someone is bound to want it for some reason. A player that left on better terms? Keep it and treasure it.

2 comments:

  1. Incredible ideas, and I loved the answers provided by both Liz and Sara. Keep up the phenomenal work Jenn!

    ReplyDelete