Sunday, December 12, 2010

This is myself... Profiling... myself.

Name:
Jenn Holstine (contrary to popular belief my last name is not Ho)

Blog or Site that you blog for:
uh… This one.

Tell us something about your blog or the site that you blog for:
I'd like to think it’s light-hearted with a sprinkling of seriousness

Who is the most underrated player?
There are so many talented players that don’t get the credit that they deserve for what they do but I’ll go with the Red Wings’ goalies, Jimmy Howard and Chris Osgood. Ozzie isn’t nearly as bad as everyone makes him out to be and Jimmy isn’t as young and naive as they portray him.

Who is the most overrated player?
I’ll have to go with Sidney Crosby. He’s good. Even as a Red Wings fan I can admit that but he’s not the second coming of God (or Gretzky for that matter)

What is the first jersey you ever owned?
I believe it was a blank jersey but the first player jersey I ever got was a Jiri Fischer. I got his jersey as soon as it came out because I expected big things from him.


What is the most important piece of hockey memorabilia you own?
I’m a self-described memorabilia hoarder so this is hard. It’s like making someone pick which child they like best… assuming they like their children… I’ll go with all my Steve Yzerman retirement items.

What’s one rule you’d like to get rid of and why?
The “if you fight in the last five minutes of a losing effort you’ll be suspended” rule because Colin Campbell always seems to pardon everyone (unless they’re not on his golden player list).


What one rule would you add in its place and why?
I’d like to just take a couple more out but I guess I’d give the coaches opportunities to challenge an official's call (although I’m not certain that the war room making tie breakers would come back with any different answer)

Who’s creepier- Ovie or Crosby and why?
Both but I’ll go with Ovie. I’m scared his decapitated head will pop up in random places now.

Which team has the best logo?
Red Wings then the Leafs. I do have to say that I like the Winnipeg Jets’ logo MUCH better than the Phoenix Coyotes’ logo.

Who is your favorite all-time player?
I’m going to blow everyone away and say… Steve Yzerman.


Who is your favorite player now?
This question KILLS me because I love all the players... well MOST all of them. I’m a sucker for great defensemen so I’ll say... Jona... even I couldn’t do it… Nick Lidstrom or Nik Kronwall.

What team do you love to hate?
Could we call the officials association a team? No? Then Chicago. The “Detroit Sucks” chant at their championship parade killed me. Celebrate your team and it’s championship while you can, Jackholes.

What player do you love to hate?
Jordan Tootoo. I HATE that Inuit bastard.

What are your thoughts on Puck Bunnies?
I hate them with the fire of a thousand burning suns. Next question.

What are some of your favorite hockey blogs to read?
SSDD, Triple Deke, Production Line, Chicks, Neuie, Transplant, Far from the Norm, and so on and so forth. These blogger profiles have really had me reading a lot more consistently.

What player do you like that’s not on your chosen favorite team?
Ryan Kesler. He just seems like a great player on and off the ice. And I love his dance moves.

What team surprises you the most this year?
Montreal. I was curious to see if they could build on that playoff run from last year and really make a showing this season and (as it stands now) they’re fifth in the league standings.

What is your favorite hockey memory?
It has to be seeing Vladdy with the cup in 1998. That whole year led up to that one perfect emotional moment.

Which team has the worst jersey (third jerseys included)?
Columbus’ third jersey or Pittsburgh’s third jersey.

Of the floundering teams which team should pack up and move to a new market? Do you think the NHL will ever let that happen?
I’ll answer the second question first. No, I do not think any team will move as long as Gary Bettman is running the NHL. I would restructure a little bit more than others. Move the Panthers to Wisconsin, Switch the Wild and the Stars bringing back the North Stars and creating the Texas Wild, Move Phoenix back to Winnipeg as the Jets, Move the Islanders to Western Ontario. I know everyone wants a team in Hamilton but I think moving a team to Western Ontario they could market a rivalry between Winnipeg and that team rather well.

Do you follow other sports besides hockey or are you a one-sport fan?
I watch college football and hockey. I watch the Tigers as well. Mostly my life is consumed by watching hockey though.

What player from all the other teams that would you love to have on your team?
Ryan Kesler or Ryan Miller. I like to see Michigan born players make the Wings. Plus both are great all around people.


Keep it or Get rid it


Ticket Stubs: Keep.

An email from Colin Campbell: Print on a billboard

A Zetter-Sweater: Keep… and buy thirty more. I love me a Zetter-Sweater

A Kerry Fraser Hairstyle: ICK-Buzz it off… especially if it’s on Kerry Fraser’s head.

Ovie: He’s creepy as all get out but… keep.

Touch up Icing: Keep.

Shoot out: Keep until someone can figure out a better points system.

Gary Bettman: GET. RID. OF.


Tickets to a Pittsburgh game: Keep and give to someone who wants them. I’ve never seen a game outside of Detroit’s friendly confines and I’m not sure I want to.

Ryan Lambert: Keep (after someone gets him some Prozac and therapy for his negativity and anger issues)

Puck Bunnies: GET RID OF.

Puck from a losing effort: If it’s my losing effort and there are no milestones attached, get rid of. Superstitions and what not.

Sean Avery’s sloppy seconds: Get rid of. I really have no need for puck bunnies. Celebrity or not.

A signed Sidney Crosby picture just for you: Return to sender.

Biz Nasty on Twitter: He’s pretty ridiculous so… Keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment