Friday, June 17, 2011

All aboard the crazy train

My "Dear Puck Bunnies, You're so crazy" blogs are beginning to write themselves. To the point where I can't even make this shit up if I tried.

I went on to that trendy blog site tumblr, Which if I'm being frank is less like a blog site and more like twitter for pictures, gifs, and videos but I digress. While on there I pick up on a conversation that 10 or so individuals were reblogging back and forth to each other. It looked rather odd for a moment then I realized it was addresses. No big deal, right? Upon closer inspection I noticed that these weren't just regular run of the mill Joe Blow addresses. These were the addresses of the players and former players of the Wings and discussions about how they were going to drive by their houses or park outside and stare at them.

Near immediately I got sick to my stomach. These are players and former players to these girls. But more importantly these are people. They are fathers and husbands and human beings. They are not attractions in a zoo to be stared at. I don't care what line of work that they are in, these guys and their families deserve some level of privacy. It's disgusting, disrespectful, and most of all CRAZY. Where do these girls get off thinking that this is okay? If I found out that some girls were parking outside of my house to stare at me, my family, my spouse, and my children I would kick their asses or call the cops. There have to be boundaries and apparently these girls are unaware of the limits that are and should be in place between fans and players. Hockeytown may have no limits but when it comes to the players there are limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment