Thursday, May 5, 2011

It always seems impossible until it's done.

Three games does not win a series. Three is not the magic number. I fully understand that we're all different types of people who look at this game that is hockey differently. Some people are calling for the Wings to surrender now that their backs are against a wall. That's not what I want. That's not how my team reacts. My team... they fight. Those people can throw in the towel and take the cowards way out but I'm not giving in. And I get the distinct feeling that those men in the dressing room aren't ready to either. Am I happy that we lost? No. Am I pleased about the steep hill we now have to climb? No. Do I have faith in my team and organization? Absolutely. It's not an impossible task. As Jimmy Howard said after the game "Others have done it, Why not us?". They deserved that win last night and did not get it. But that's not to say that they can't get the next one. One game at a time. One win at a time. It can be done regardless of what the pessimistic cynics believe. It's not the time to turn your backs on the team. But if you choose to do, keep walking because obviously you don't belong here. Hockey is not for quitters or the weak of heart.



Contrary to what some believe:
It's not over.

No comments:

Post a Comment